Your commercial facility probably sees a lot of foot traffic, whether it’s a medical office, executive office space, or a manufacturing or production facility. For the latter, heavy machinery may also be going in and out, all of which can wreak havoc on your concrete floors. Regular maintenance is an important part of keeping your concrete looking great, but what do you do when you start noticing imperfections?
Common causes of damage to concrete flooring:
- Vibrations from heavy machinery and equipment can cause mechanical damage
- Extreme changes in temperature can cause repetition of freezing and thawing within the concrete and cause physical damage
- Winter salt can cause corrosion
- Exposure to excessive amounts of bacteria can cause chemical damage
Here are some common signs that your concrete floors may need refinishing!
- Cracks: Small cracks can be a result of the drying process of the initial concrete slab and may not be an emergency situation, but cracks that are larger and those that form in high-traffic areas should be cause for more concern. These cracks can quickly worsen and become a trip hazard and a potentially dangerous situation for machinery and equipment in its path.
- Pitting: Large, heavy objects that are dropped on concrete floors can cause dents and bumps. These dents can increase in size and also cause a hazardous situation. Only the proper equipment to grind and smooth the floors will be effective in creating a safe surface, so these areas need to be addressed as soon as possible.
- Flaking: Flaking refers to thin layers of concrete that come off of the concrete, leading to a dusty, uneven surface. Repetitive vibrations from heavy machinery can often cause these damages, especially in areas where concrete was not initially installed properly.
If you are in the New England area and encounter any of these issues with your concrete flooring, contact New England Cleaning Services, Inc. in Waltham, MA. We specialize in concrete refinishing and can also take care of all of your commercial cleaning needs so that you don’t have to worry about damages from improper maintenance of your floors. We have trained professionals to assess the damage to your floors, repair and seal them, grind, and polish your floors to create a renewed look!
Contact our office in Eastern Massachusetts at (781) 890-2000 or visit our website for more information. We look forward to helping you achieve cleaner, stronger, and beautiful facilities.