How much do you really know about mold? It grows, and it’s usually not a good sign, especially if you see it somewhere in your commercial facility. Mold and cleaning are typically on opposing forces, so everyone at New England Cleaning Services, Inc. understands what it takes to eliminate this often stubborn and tricky problem.
To really understand the dangers of mold in your facility, here are some things to know about mold:
- Mold is everywhere, in the air and on surfaces and it has the ability to grow on any moist surface. It can travel through windows, doors, HVAC systems, fabrics, and people.
- People who are sensitive to molds can experience irritation in the nose, eyes, throat, skin, and lungs.
- Allergic reactions to mold are common and can result in increased asthma attacks.
- It is impossible to eliminate mold completely, but growth can be reduced through moisture control.
- The best ways to decrease moisture in an environment is to reduce the indoor humidity to 30-60% by increasing circulation, ventilation, and using air-conditioners as dehumidifiers.
- Clean damp or wet areas and materials within 48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Promptly fixing leaks, addressing water damage, and preventing condensation can help reduce mold growth.
There are many health risks involved with prolonged exposure including upper respiratory illness, shortness of breath, and development of asthma, so if you encounter mold in your office space, medical facility, controlled environment, or industrial facility, contact a certified commercial cleaning company like New England Cleaning Services, Inc. right away! With high-tech cleaning equipment and professionally-trained employees to handle emergency situations including water leaks, we can address and prevent mold growth in your facility so that you can maintain a healthy and safe environment. If your commercial business is in the eastern Massachusetts area (greater Boston area, Metrowest Boston, North Shore, South Shore), contact our Waltham, MA office at (781) 890-2000for questions and a free quote today!