While students and faculty in the Massachusetts area are celebrating the start of the long anticipated summer recess, all of us at New England Cleaning Services, Inc. are buckling down to get down to business. That’s because the summer is prime time to deep clean and address issues at school while students and staff are gone.
When schools are operating at full capacity during the academic year and everyday foot traffic is extremely heavy, it can be challenging to accomplish deep cleans and address detailed cleanings. It is therefore important for schools to be planning ahead and scheduling general cleanings and project services with our experienced and certified commercial cleaning company.
Among the many areas that need cleaning, it is especially important to address the following areas:
- Floors: No matter what size your school, heavy foot traffic is something that is unavoidable, which often leaves floors not only visibly dirty but also in need of a good sanitizing and disinfecting. Carpets, gym floors, tiles, and other flooring is usually in desperate need of a deep clean. Summer is usually the time when time-consuming and bigger projects and repairs can be done, so consider scheduling your concrete refinishing alongside your cleaning projects as well.
- Bathrooms: Schools, in general, are known to be breeding grounds for all types of germs, but there are few places dirtier than school bathrooms. Think of the number of hands that have touched the faucets, dispensers, and toilets! Yes, a deep clean is in order.
- High-ceiling areas: Light fixtures, ceiling fans, HVAC systems, windows, roofs, and vents can all be difficult to reach when the school is in operation so summer is an ideal time for repairing and maintaining these areas.
- Windows: Window cleaning can be quite disruptive and unsightly during the year (plus long New England winters can prove challenging) so the summer is an ideal time to get windows sparkly clean. It will give the school’s exterior a revamped and fresh look for the new year and also let in more light to brighten up the interior as well.
- Other areas to consider: hallways, cubbies, lockers, locker rooms, faculty lounges, laboratories, libraries, gymnasiums, cafeterias, and kitchens.
Starting the new school year with a pristine facility is everyone’s goal and we can help! New England Cleaning Services, Inc. understands the importance of providing a safe, clean, and sanitary environment so that students can thrive and stay healthy. If you need help prioritizing your school’s summer cleaning projects, or don’t have a cleaning company scheduled, contact our Waltham, MA office at (781) 890-2000 or contact us online for a free quote. We serve the greater Boston area, Metrowest Boston, North Shore and South Shore.