We thought it was coming to end, but of course, in true New England style, the winter is not yet over. The recent blizzard has dumped yet another few feet on us! While southern states are experiencing spring weather already, all of us in the Massachusetts area are still battling the harsh New England winter.
There’s not much we can do about the weather, but when it comes to your commercial business, you can be proactive about protecting your facilities from the salt stains, mud, and slush that make their way in and around them. Carpets in particular can take the brunt of these winter troubles and need extra care during this time.
The following are top tips for carpet cleaning:
- Have a regular cleaning schedule that includes vacuuming – by the time you see obvious stains, it’s too late! Keep up with maintenance to keep the slushy mess at bay.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning – the snowy, wet season typically needs more cleanings than the other seasons, especially since the salt residue from ice melt can be damaging to carpet fibers.
- Use entry mats to prevent tracking – ideally 15 feet of length covered from the doorways
- Address spots and debris immediately – waiting until they’re dry can lead to stubborn stains.
- Seek help from professionals to deep clean and maintain the carpets – don’t take valuable time away from your employees to accomplish a job better done by professionals.
- Remove the snow outside your facility to minimize tracking from the outside – less snow in the parking lots and sidewalks = less snow coming into the buildings.
- Properly post signs if certain areas are wet or slippery or in cleaning progress – the last thing you want is someone injuring themselves at your facility.
Many facilities opt to do the cleaning themselves, but the truth is, it takes the correct knowledge and techniques to ensure proper care, so it’s best to ask a certified cleaning professional for carpet cleaning help. New England Cleaning Services, Inc. has been helping commercial businesses in the eastern Massachusetts area for 40 years, so we know what it takes to survive New England winters. From general cleanings, project services, to controlled environments and emergencies, we are prepared with highly trained cleaning professionals and high tech equipment to tackle your cleaning needs. Need snow removal services or ice melt recommendations? Contact us for a free quote today at our Waltham, MA office today at (781) 890-2000!