It’s easy to let tasks slide around the busy holiday season. Workers take vacations, there are holiday parties to organize and attend, and spending time with friends and family are at the top of the priority list for many people. However, winter will be here in New England before we know it, which means we need to be prepared for the snow, slush, mud and debris that will be following suit. For a commercial facility, that means keeping carpets and other floors protected and clean. Follow these tips to ensure that your facility is well prepared for whatever the New England weather throws at us!
- Protect floors: If rain or snowy cold weather is in the forecast, get out the mats for high traffic areas. It will help to prevent tracking of wet leaves and slushy debris into your facility and protect floors from unnecessary damage and people from dangerous slips and falls. Having them located 5 ft from the doorway, 5 ft by the entrance, and 5 more ft into the building is the most effective!
- Schedule routine cleanings: Just because your facility is unoccupied from workers or students on vacation, there is no reason to skimp out on cleanings. Having regular cleanings of floors will guarantee a consistent quality of cleanliness, no matter how busy everyone may get.
- Project cleanings: Take advantage of the times when facilities are unoccupied or low in traffic to get projects done. Coming to a clean, sanitary, organized work environment will help keep motivation and health up in these busy months.
- Carpet cleanings: Carpets collect a surprising amount of dust and debris that can break down carpet fibers and greatly hinder the longevity and appearance of your facility. Colder months are ideal for carpet cleaning since the air is dryer and reduces down time during the cleanup process. Keeping carpeted areas clean also improves indoor air quality, which is essential during the cold and flu season.
- Focus on high traffic areas: Areas with high foot traffic in the winter months result in more debris, stains, and salt residue, so increasing deep cleanings and responding quickly to spills and stains will help maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
Keeping floors protected and clean throughout the changing seasons may seem like a lot of work, which is why hiring a certified cleaning company is an easy and productive way to maintain a healthy and spotless facility! New England Cleaning Services, Inc. is a family-owned company based in Waltham, MA that works with clients all across the New England area to keep commercial facilities in top shape. We offer a variety of cleaning services, including emergency and restoration, project services, and concrete refinishing, as well as 24/7 client support and state-of-the-art equipment to deliver high quality results. Please contact us online or by calling (781)890-2000 for a free estimate today!