Many commercial companies realize the benefits of offering “green” products and services, but not all are created equal. In fact, there are companies who claim and label their products as such despite the fact that they may not be. This “greenwashing” can lead to unsafe products used in your commercial buildings, which can have negative effects on health and productivity. At New England Cleaning Services, Inc., we take our product safety and environmental impact seriously, which is why we offer a complimentary Green Service Program to our general cleaning services.
What are the benefits of green cleaning?
- Eliminate exposure to harsh chemicals that can lead to negative health issues.
- Improve safety and productivity of workers.
- Improve indoor air quality.
- Decrease in strong, lingering odors.
So how can you distinguish a truly green company?
The best way to find out about how green a commercial cleaning company is, is by:
- Checking for third-party certifications – Having an unbiased organization that is responsible for testing and labeling products according to a national safety standard guarantees that the green labeling is trustworthy. NECS uses Green Seal certified products to ensure the safest and environmentally friendly options.
- Asking about cleaning procedures – If the process is not done correctly, it doesn’t matter how good the cleaning products are. Ensure that disinfectants and sanitizers stay on surfaces for the appropriate amount of time, and that equipments are advanced and up to date for highest efficiency.
- Check for other green practices – Being environmentally friendly can go beyond the products as well, such as using recyclable products and turning off lights when not in use.
When searching for a green commercial cleaning company, be proactive and thorough to ensure that the products used are trustworthy. At New England Cleaning Services, Inc. we take all necessary steps to provide safe and environmentally conscious choices for our clients. Our general cleanings help office spaces, manufacturing and production facilities, medical and controlled facilities in the eastern Massachusetts area maintain healthy and clean environments through professional staff, advanced equipment and 24/7 client support for emergencies. Please contact our Waltham office by calling (781) 890-2000 for a free quote today!